Thursday, January 26, 2006

Oprah's mouth is wide open

I'm watching this controversial Oprah where she confronts James Frey and his editor. She's so angry! However, I must say I like her new 'do with the straightness and the highlights! By the by, what is the big friggin deal? So what if he lied? It's a great book and is very entertaining. It doesn't matter if he embelished a little bit. It still is a book about overcoming adversity and has a positive message. I don't feel like I was lied to. Get a life, Oprah. Plus, this is just going to generate more press for his book. Bad press is still press! =) Stupid....

5 comments:

ThatBeeGirl said...

Which reminds me...
I have his book to return to you tomorrow.
Unread.

ThatBeeGirl said...

And, can I just go on record as saying I don't care for Oprah? (Even though the pix I've seen of her new 'do are cute)

Tim said...

If Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't the devil incarnate, Oprah must be. Common math, people.

Marcy said...

I remember when I rewad memoirs of a geisha and in the beggining of the book it has this whole thing about how the author met the Geisha in the story and what good friends they were, etc etc etc. You read the whole book believing that it's a true story.

THEN you get to the appendix and they finally let you know that, actually, it's all made up. I felt kinda let down by that.

I don't know if it's something that's really worth getting worked up about, but if they guy wanted to write a book and make stuff up he could have called it a novel rather than a memoir that he insisted was 100% true.

Clockworkchris said...

I have no positive or negative feelings towards Oprah-I currently have asked to be on the show several times for her Mentally Ill things and her home redorations-I have a life-size Pagota that my father, neighbors, and contractors built beside my house (three stories tall as big as the house) and my mom wants nothing more than for it to be destroyed-
As far as your post-everyone lies-she just needs to get over it and your right-all publicity draws attention