Saturday, January 21, 2006

Movie Reviews

Today I watched 4, count them, 4 movies! I will give you my brief opinion and occassional rant.
First, I begin with War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise. I give it one thumb sideways (on the two thumbs up scale) I really dislike Tom Cruise now that he has gone all psycho, but I also really didn't like this movie. There is no explanation of so many things (unless you watch the behind the scenes section and then everyone explains what they were thinking). Hello? It makes no sense. Save yourself two hours and skip this one.
Then we went to see Underworld Evolution. As you are all aware, I love Kate Beckinsdale. Plus, I loved the first Underworld. This one was good if you are a fan of the series. They do a lot of backstory explaining and everything becomes clear. (Unlike War of the Worlds, Spielberg!) It's a pretty violent and gory movie, with loads of fake blood, but nothing I couldn't handle. However, we were walking out and there were a couple of kids in there with their parents! How inappropriate. Besides the extensive violence and gore, there was a super hot sex scene with Kate and Scott Speedman from Felicity. HOT HOT HOT! They showed almost everything....yikes! So yes, I really enjoyed this one.
Then Tim and I came home and watched The Hitchiker's Guide to the galaxy. It was totally weird but really funny and it has a couple of my favorite English actors in it. I think I gave it 3 stars. (Incidentally, check out my ratings now on Netflix. I went on a ratings tear today!)
Then finally, we watched Unbreakable by M. Night Shamalama ding dong. This was the first movie I have seen of his all the way through. I saw bits and pieces of Sixth Sense and never wanted to see Signs or the Village. Anyway, the movie was okay. I thought it was very creative and I can appreciate his talent, but it was a bit slow.
Overall, it was a crazy movie day. Tim and I are trying to bust through the Netflix cue a little more quickly as we usually are lazy about watching things and we are not using our membership to the fullest, I'm sure.
Tomorrow will be football, cleaning the house and napping. An ideal day for me really. Especially the napping part....zzzzzzzz....zzzzzz

3 comments:

ThatBeeGirl said...

What a great way to spend a (mostly) rainy day!

3 Peas in a Pod said...

I envy you...I have watcehd one netflix in the last 3 weeks. Pathetic I know.

Clockworkchris said...

I don't watch my netflix, but I copy every one of them and send them all back the next day so I guess I'm getting enough out of them. Thanks for the info on Underworld 2-your the 2nd person who said it was good-gotta see it