Monday, November 30, 2009

The Challenge

The past couple of days have been challenging. Chloe is going through a growth spurt and is also getting more teeth. It's hard when you have a normally happy baby. The cries of pain go straight through your heart. We've been using homeopathic teething stuff that works pretty well, but she is also so stubborn that she won't go to sleep. Even now I am watching her roll around on the monitor as she fights her nap. But, these are the times when I need to remember that I am the parent and need to do what is right for her, like forcing her to nap. Sheesh. She's been up at night too, eating every 3 hours and not just for comfort. She is starving! I bought some food today and some disposable spoons to keep in my diaper backpack so that I can feed her when I'm out. When you nurse, you don't think about taking things for food with you. I just gotta get into the habit. Fortunately, she let me exercise this AM for 30 minutes so I at least got a little time to myself. Looking forward to doing my strengthening routine tomorrow! I haven't lost a lot of weight yet, but I've noticed that my body is changing in its shape and tone. Woot!

2 comments:

ThatBeeGirl said...

the pic you posted on twitter today shows how quickly she's growing! and those teef! such a cute little munchkin.
and you're kicking ass at the gym, lady! :)

Tim said...

You're doing great, Lis.