Sunday, September 17, 2006

Rocket Man

Last night my mum, dad, Tim and I went to see Elton John at the Shark tank. It was freakin sweet. He played for almost 3 hours. It was a nice mix of old stuff and some new things off his upcoming album. I've certainly seen enough middle age dancing for awhile now. We'll be seeing him again in 3 weeks at Caesar's too. Can't wait for that show too. It's a slightly different set I think. I was really happy though because he played an extended version of Rocket Man which is my favorite Elton song. My mum got her dose of Philadelphia Freedom right at the beginning. It is her favorite song because she heard it in a McDonald's in Philidelphia when she and my dad first were coming to the US and she couldn't believe what an amazing place America was. I have been spoiled with all of my travels so I can't even fathom what it would be like to come to America from our tiny little town in England for the first time. =) Anyway, the show was great and I'm glad that we all got to go. It was funny though because there were religious protestors outside with megaphones and their "Jesus Forgives Sins" t-shirts spouting off about how we're all sinners for supporting a gay man. Whatever people. The man is entitled to his life and whatever makes him happy is okay with me. Elton John has been in a relationship that has lasted longer than most hetero relationships. So pardon me while I get on and off my soapbox, it's time for me to Crocodile Rock. Laaaa....la la la la laaaaaa, la la la la laaaaaaaa, la la la la laaaaaa! =)

1 comment:

ThatBeeGirl said...

I have "Crocodile Rock" stuck in my head now, thanks. ;)