Sunday, July 30, 2006

Anniversary weekend

So this weekend was our 1 year wedding anniversary. It seems strange that we've been married for a year already as time has passed by so quickly.

We were driving in the car the other day and I was talking about work with Tim and how this week is going to be rough because I am running the practice for 4 days. Tim then paused and said can I believe where I am right now? It seems like such a long time ago that I was so depressed about my life and crying everyday not knowing what was going to happen to me. Now, I have an awesome stable job and couldn't be happier. Interesting how life changes so quickly.

Anyway, Tim and I stayed at Santana Row at Hotel Valencia last night. We checked in to a gorgeous room and then proceeded to watch the free HBO like the dorks that we are. After that, we went to the Vintage Wine Bar and sat outside and had some wine and a meat and cheese platter. I would have never thought that Tim would have ever been happy to sit out at Santana Row with all the other posers and ponces and metrosexuals, but he was kind enough to partake last night. We then decided to go see Clerks II at CineArts. Now I enjoy the Kevin Smith very muchly, however, there were some moments in this film (discussions of "ass to mouth" sexuality and a scene with "inter-species erotica") that I could have done without. However, it was mostly just good fun and fitting as Tim and I love Jay and Silent Bob.

After the movie, we went to the Left Bank for dinner. It was very nice although we ate way too much food and had a ton of drinks. It was fun though and I kept on reminding myself that it was money well spent due to the significance of the event. Also, the gift for the first anniversary is paper, which money is made out, of so i think that that somehow works out ok.

In the end we had a wonderful anniversary. Tim got me a totally rockin stereo for my car that runs my iPod from the glove compartment. I got Tim and new Sharks jersey that he's been wanting. Overall, I think that it was a great weekend. Today after checkout we came home and watched Red Eye and now we're going to watch the Island.

Oh yeah, I also booked us a trip to Vegas with my parents in October to go see Elton John at Caesar's. We've been trying to do this for over a year so i finally just said I'm doing it, we'ere going. Anyway, I got a super sweet deal on Expedia for two nights at Paris and flight for 411 per person. Expedia is my friend. We are flying to Canada for Kelley's wedding with Expedia. I rented a car with them as well. Love the discount travel.

As a side note, my last post was about how we were going to watch Lost. Unfortunately, ABC has decided to put on some singing, American idol wannabe show and not show Lost re-runs anymore. I thought Tim was going to break the TV he had such a fit. He has turned into one of you all...you know who you are =)

Anyway, that's all for now. I must try to convince Tim to stop killing the Nazi's that he's been working on all day (XBOX 360). Wish me luck!

3 comments:

ThatBeeGirl said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend your anniversary!
Here's to many more!

Love you both!

T said...

hey happy anniversary!

Marcy said...

It's funny, Santana Row seems like a place we should dislike (way expensive shops and restaurants, people cruising their loud, expensive cars up and down, etc etc) but we just love going down there to hang out. It's almost sad-- if we want to go do something outside the apartment we'll just automatically decide to go to Borders at SR and have coffee and read books/magazines. I guess we're an old married couple after all.... =P