Saturday, April 29, 2006

Here comes the sun..

So the weather has finally turned around and we are now blessed with our sweet California weather. Today was so beautiful. They opened a new Starbucks right by our apartment so Tim and I went for a walk down there this morning to get our exercise. Then, I went to Cheri's bridal shower. It was beautiful and the food was really great. It's so exciting to see someone else planning a wedding. It makes me want to get married again! =)
We sat outside to eat and while I put on sunscreen, I missed a few parts on the arms so I'm a little patchy. I think that tomorrow I should be able to put on the old bikini and lay outside. I have to start tanning now for Robin's wedding in September. Although, I have to be careful to avoid strap tan lines because our dresses have little spaghetti straps so....at least I have my bra get up from my wedding that I can wear. We all know how much support the cans need. =) Plus, since I started working I've lost 6 pounds so I feel even better with the cute Target bathing suits I have.
Tomorrow Bee and I are going to see David Sedaris. I'm so excited to see him. I love his work and I'm looking forward to seeing him in person. If you've never heard of him, check out his books on amazon.
And finally, Tim and I watched Capote today. All that's left now is Good Night and Good Luck and Munich in my Oscar viewing. I'm not sure if I'm going to watch Munich though. It doesn't really seem like my kind of film. Capote was really good though. Philip Seymour Hoffman totally deserved to win the Oscar. He was fantastic. This was a better movie than Crash and Brokeback but I can see why Crash won. (B- there were only a few really violent parts that i couldn't watch and I'll tell you when they are if you want to put it in your cue) Anyway, Capote is winning in my personal Oscar race right now.
Time to put after sun lotion on my patchy arms before bed. Peace out.

1 comment:

ThatBeeGirl said...

See, now, it's not the violence I mind so much as acutally being scared of things jumping out at you or murderers lurking. The suspense kills me...but I hope it lasts.
Fwah!
Looking forward to this evening, I'll keep you posted about dinner if it's not too late!