Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Disney....as promised

Don't you love Tim in the Nemo hat? People actually buy this stuff and wear it! I love it. Of course you know they take it off as soon as they leave Anaheim. Note the playoff beard. Not the I am a big fan of it, but the Sharks are in the playoffs and we are going on Thursday to the game so I understand.


This trip I decided that I wanted lots of pictures of my family and I as we usually take lots of scenery pics but not a lot of people pics. Tim and my Dad were on photo duty and they did a super job. This is my new smile I'm practing. Note how I'm not showing too much teeth...too much teeth equals Lisa with squinty eyes...yuck.


My dad looks surprised in this picture..but this was just an attempt to get him to smile as he suffers from the Steve Brogden syndrome of not smiling in pictures. You just have to surprise them. That seems to be the key.


Here is Tim and I on California Screamin, about to be shot out of this starting gate like a cannon. I must say, this ride I can only go on once before my churros/coke/other sugary snaks/ mickey shaped ice cream etc starts to rise. Go figure =)

So in the end it was a great trip. We stayed at the Paradise Pier hotel which was really nice and a fun change from the Park Inn that we usually stay in. It's been a long time since I actually stayed at the Disneyland Resort as they call it. The last time was when I was little and Robin got sick when we jumped on the beds and Brian shot little nerf golf balls onto the roof of the building below us. Good times, of course.

It's always a bummer coming home as it's hard to come down from the sugar/Disney high that I get. Actually, we really didnt' do that bad with our eating this time and didn't gorge ourselves on too much crap. The first night I was worried because they cancelled the fireworks due to high winds. So we went to see Fantasmic, this super cool water show where they back project film clips onto a big sheet spray of water and then of course there is fire and fireworks which I always enjoy. On Saturday night, they delayed the fireworks for a bit but then they went on with the show. It was cool because they had a set of fireworks for every Disney ride, including a set for the Electrical Parade which now runs in California Adventure. So, I was happy in the end as I got to see my fireworks and celebrate the 50th anniversary before it ends in 2 weeks. All in all I think the trip was probably the best I've ever had. At least I have our Christmas trip to look forward to! Viva Disney!

2 comments:

ThatBeeGirl said...

You know I love me some pic postings! Thanks for sharing, looks like a blast!

ThatBeeGirl said...

p.s. -- love your mum's kelly green zip up sweater -- it's me fave color, dontchaknow.