Sunday, October 01, 2006

The Emerald City

So I spent the day in Seattle at a chiropractic conference yesterday. We left at 6:30 AM and were home by 10:00. It was a really worthwhile trip athough my body is paying for it right now. It's 9:04 and Tim and I are going to bed soon, I think. Anyhoo, back to the conference. It was really motivational and got me excited for the remainder of the year. We are doing a big promotion at the end of the year with charities and the food bank so I'm really looking forward to that. Plus, we are going to decorate the office for fall and those of you who have been to my apt know that I love decorating for seasons! I did take my camera yesterday, but I didn't take any pictures. We didn't have enough time to go to Pike Place Market but we did go to the downtown mall and walk around to kill time. I really enjoyed it but the weather was the pits!
However, I just bough a new equestrian riding jacket (as if I ride) from LL Bean which is super warm. I took my Burbs scarf as well and I was sweating =) (B, all I need now is shoes! =)) All in all, I think that it was a good time and totally worth it.

Tim and i had a nice morning. He went and got Starbucks for me as I was dragging. His parents came over for a bit to watch the 49ers game, which of course was very sad. I had to leave though as my, my mum and my aunt went to San Fran to Pier 39 to see "Menopause, The Musical". I know it sounds a bit odd but it was great. It was four women telling stories about their lives through popular music with the lyrics changed. I highly recommend you all take your moms to see it.

Speaking of moms, mine has been worried about me for the last week. I had a really draining work week and felt like crap by Friday. I also felt like I was complaining all the time, but it was just that I had so much on my mind that had to get out or else I would have gone crazy. Plus, I got all kinds of crazy hormones going on right now, if you know what I mean. =) So I'm feeling more positive now and I think this week will be a good one. I am trying to stay positive and practic separating what happens at the office from home. All doctors go through a transition period when they learn to separate themselves from their patients and office dramas. I think I just wasn't as good at it last week. Oh well, God gave us Mondays to make a fresh start.

1 comment:

ThatBeeGirl said...

I lurve Seattle! I hope you're able to spend more time there in the future -- I've eaten my way through Pike's Place Market several times!
:)