Sunday, July 08, 2007

rat-patootie

Tim and I went to see Ratatouille today. It was very cute although not the best Pixar/Disney combo as of late. Tim and I went to lunch after and spent the whole time talking about old vs new Disney cartoons. I miss the old Disney films like Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast, where you knew all the words to the songs. I think that Pixar and Disney now make movies that try to appeal too much to the parents to keep them interested and that they pride themselves on having clever and witty dialogue rather than a good basic story and great music. It also seems to be about how many famous people they can have in their movies. How is it that all of us at 28 years old can sing the words to "part of your world" from The Little Mermaid? Beacuse it was a great movie with great music. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the new Pixar movies. But nothing will ever replace classic Disney for me. And just in case you are wondering, my favorite Disney movie is the Hunchback of Notre Dame (I know, obscure right =))

1 comment:

ThatBeeGirl said...

yeah, i didn't want to say anything when you all invited me, but it doesn't look that great to me. you know i LOVE "cars," and most other disney and disney/pixar films, but for some reason this seemed below disney standards.
you're right, whatever happened to the golden age of disney films, animated and live-action? my favorites are all from the 60s, and pretty much all star hayley mills, but even so, "aladdin," "the little mermaid" and others are far superior than most of what's being released now.

(for the record, my favorite non-pixar animated movie is "the jungle book.")