Saturday, May 10, 2008

I am Iron Man

Tim and I went to see Iron Man last night. One of the best movies I've seen in a long time, by far. Of course it does help that Robert Downey Jr. is super hot and looks great in this movie. It made me think about the days he was on Ally McBeal and how much Sarah and I loved him. Then he went all druggie crazy and wound up getting fired. Boo. However, he seems to have made a nice recovery. Definitely a buy.

In other movie news, I have Gone Baby Gone sitting in our drawer. I've had it for several weeks now but I just can't seem to bring myself to watch it. I know that it's supposed to be such a great movie, however, I just don't seem to be in the mood for such a serious topic. I think that we'll have to watch it today though before Tim gets mad =) We just watched Sweeney Todd as well. I love musicals and found that the music in this movie was fantastically difficult. Those who know music and can read music will appreciate the complexity of the score. I know that some of you are thinking how could I watch this movie considering it is about throat slashing and gore etc. Please note, this is Tim Burton! I love his movies (strange) especially Corpse Bride. He is always over the top and super fake so it didn't bother me too much. I think however that this really is a broadway show and not really meant for a movie, so I'm adding it to my list of stage shows I'd like to see. I have to give props to Johnny Depp though as his singing was actually quite good considering he doesn't read music at all. =) I would recommend this movie for musical buffs mostly. I think most people might be put off by it. If you've seen it, let me know what you think!

1 comment:

ThatBeeGirl said...

"gone baby gone" is totally on my must-see list! and i love me some RDjr. but tim burton isn't my style. :)